Applicants to the professional program MUST:
- provide official copy of high school or GED Equivalency with transcript, or official college transcript if applicable
- complete general admissions procedures to the college
- complete all necessary basic studies requirements according to placement tests
- complete Health Science Application forms
- submit 3 reference letters
- complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better
- meet with Surgical Technology advisor
- submit an unencumbered drug screen upon request
- submit an unencumbered background check upon entry to the program
- provide proof of current American Heart Association CPR Certification - Health Care Provider
- provide proof of PPD skin test, IGRA test or chest X-ray if positive PPD test or unable to submit to skin test
- provide proof of Hepatitis B immunization series or sign declination statement
- provide physical examination form completed by a health care provider documenting good physical and mental health upon being admitted
- provide proof of immunity to varicella. Proof may consist of 1) proof of vaccination, 2) statement of physician verifying that student had varicella, or 3) varicella antibody titer indicating immunity.
- Proof of current Influenza Virus Vaccination
- have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or greater
- Successfully complete with 2.0 GPA ("C") or better all nine general education courses (see prerequisite courses page for a list of these courses), including those that must be completed prior to program entry and those that may be taken while in program.
- Successfully complete with 2.0 GPA ("C") or better in each of the following prerequisite courses:
- Anatomy I and Lab
- Anatomy II and Lab
- Medical Terminology
Enrollment is limited to 10 students per year. Student selection is based on:
- 1. Cumulative GPA
- 2. GPA for prerequisite courses A&P I/L, A&P II/L, Microbiology/L and Medical Terminology. Academic Progression: Students must complete all components of surgical technology courses with a grade of “C” (78%) or higher to progress to the following semester. Each preceding semester is a prerequisite to the following semester. Courses are sequenced so that material covered in subsequent courses is based on that covered in previous courses.
Students must complete all components of surgical technology courses with a grade of “C” (78%) or higher to progress to the subsequent program course and/or semester. Sucessful completion of each program course and/or semester is a prerequisite to the following semester. Courses are sequenced so that material covered in subsequent courses is based on that covered in previous courses.