The Certified Restaurant Server program is for individuals who would like to build on their customer service skills and earn a nationally recognized certification in the culinary and hospitality industry. This program is for beginner to expert level.
- Learn customer service, communication, teamwork, conflict resolution, and professionalism skills.
- Describe ways that restaurant servers work together to meet superior performance standards.
- Learn safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Learn how to set up the restaurant and side stations.
- Safely prepare and carry service trays.
- Demonstrate customer-service oriented ways to greet and seat guests and approach the table.
- Discuss how anticipating guest needs can lead to exceeding guests’ expectations and contributing to an enjoyable dining experience.
- Review the steps for taking food orders.
- Explain how to serve beverages, serve a meal, and check back to the table.
- Discuss how to respond to dissatisfied guests.
- Explain how to maintain tables throughout a meal.
- Discuss ways to sell after-dinner items.
- Discuss ways to prepare takeout items.
- Explain how to present guests checks and settle bills.
- Outline the sequence of service for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Training is provided on-demand for employers.
For more information: