Chapter 30

Prior service members honorably discharged and having served at least 24 months and Active Duty personnel

First-time applicants must complete VA Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits). Veterans must also provide a copy of the “Member-4" page of the DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty). Active Duty personnel must have their Education Services Officer complete Part II of the VA Form 22-1990.

If the veteran contributed to the $600 “kicker” (to receive an additional $150 per month), a copy of the LES or voucher needs to be attached to the application packet to ensure proper payment.

If a veteran participated in the College Fund, the Department of Defense will provide confirmation information to the VA for proper payment.

Transfer students, or SouthArk students who have changed their academic degree objective after already receiving VA benefits under Chapter 30, must complete the VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training).